22.9.09

a hard day's night



Odelia, on Day Two.

We were both leaving Somerset House at the same time, and it was hotter than it's been all summer, that day. I felt like I was melting, and she clearly did, too. She was eating a bit of chocolate croissant and was happy to pose for me, but said in the faintest voice 'Please don't shoot me eating.' She was so sweet, like a young fawn, or a baby bird that needs every morsel and crumb to keep from falling out of the sky.



I know what it's like to work hard, and be professional, and to be a bit of a perfectionist in my work, but when she looked at my shots and showed me how tired her eyes looked, it hit me that it must be a very strange thing, indeed, when your job is how you look. It wasn't her fault her eyes look tired: she was exhausted, poor thing! And to me she looks absolutely beautiful.

Odelia is with IMG management, and I believe she was coming from the Kinder Aggugini show. And now, inspired by Odelia and everyone down to the guys constantly sweeping up to keep the area so spotless, and the staff at the Lavazza truck working tirelessly at 12 hour shifts and remembering EXACTLY how I like my double shot lattes, I'm getting back on the Picadilly Line and shooting one more day. Although, between us girls, what I'd rather be doing right now, frankly, is curling up with the cat for a little nap. So I leave you with a wonderful song by the fab four.

5 comments:

sofiasophie said...

this girl is very very lovely....
Her eyes are beautifull and she has this "something special" it make her very élégante........

Style Odyssey said...

she is so beautiful, rather otherworldly, in fact.
i just checked out her footwear--i do believe that is a little heel...who'd have thought a kitten heel on an low boot (can we even call them boots?) would be so stylish! i so want a pair now!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I have to say she has such a striking look and air about her. She seemingly has the poise of a ballerina - a spark that translates even through photographs. Lovely! :)

Noémie K said...

What a lovely post !
Dear, I put your link on my blog !
You can add me how you want, street style, fashion, butterfly !! everything !
To answer your question, yes I'm living in Paris, so don't hesitate to let me know if you come by.
Many thanks and lots of love*

Dream Sequins said...

Your photos AND your commentary are what keep me coming back for more. Hurray.