5.9.09

don't shoot the messenger



I actually stalked this girl for a half a block, I don't know why. I never saw her face, but I liked the combination of these textures: fringe, crochet lace, stripes, and a tan. It's a really strange thing going on here right now: it's freezing but we all don't want to cover up our tans, our fit bodies, with too much winter clothes. So everyone's finding the most inventive ways to expose something and still stay warm. Got some great examples today of short shorts with boots & jumpers & jackets, so stay tuned.



The jury's still out on this one: it's so wacky, with the peasant shirt/skirt combo, and the Ugg boots. And it's not even like she's got heels in the purple quilted Chanel (or Chanel-esque) bag. Certainly not this season's: you couldn't even fit one platform heel in that bag. Unless of course, they're the little folded ballet pumps. I love Uggs in most cases, but not here, and yet, I'm posting this anyway, just because.

Hey: I just report the news, girls, I'm not saying I always agree with it!

p.s. Just discovered today on my Boubouteatime's wonderful blog, a post that if you click here and scroll down, you'll see a similar look: white peasant style top with big collar, black peasant skirt.. now THIS look works, and it's possibly because of the shoes, don't you think?

3 comments:

The Photodiarist said...

Love the textures of the first girl. I can see why you pursued her! The lacy skirt is what makes it for me. The second girl -- she's rocking some cute pieces. Not sure I would have done the Uggs, but maybe she's trying to stay warm somewhere . . .

Anonymous said...

The first one is really nice, if I had a tan as nice as that, I'd show it off too. I can't however say I'm a fan of the second, I quite like the skirt and the top, although I think it's too much both together.And Uggs=Ugly, I don't know why so many people like them.

Anonymous said...

sorry- the second shot should be part of a feature of fashion don'ts- the skirt and peasant blouse are great together -but the boots and Chanel style bag look ridiculous with this pairing....
just my 2cents.
MD