25.10.10

birthday girl



So much to say, so much to post.. I had planned to post something else entirely this morning, but clicked on a folder from 8 October and realised I never showed you these shots of Hedvig, when we met my friend Sarah and her daughter for lunch near Bond Street. Hedvig joined us - it was one of those rare glorious days and we stayed on, sitting outside til it got cold and dark.





As it was Hedvig's birthday this weekend it seems only fitting. And it's funny cause last night when I was thinking what would I wear today, what I was in the mood for was black, white, and this kind of khaki green colour (we need a cool name for this colour: any suggestions?) I've got an old cropped ribbed jumper from my friend Lisa, eons ago, that I've pulled out of the 'archives' (i.e. the plastic thingy under the bed) in exactly this colour. I think I'll call it Sage (working title) as that's an herb I'm cooking with a lot right now: it's so.. autumnal.




Can I just ask you all, on a totally unrelated note: are you obsessed with J Brand trousers? I ask because normally I love Shane Watson's column in the (London) Times Style section, and this week she was talking about 'It' trousers and call me provincial, but I just don't get it about them. Maybe it's because I've never tried them on, but I just don't get it. Then again, I'm not following the X Factor, either, so there you have it. And when I mentioned something to Jen about Downton Abbey, she'd never even heard of it. To each his own, I guess.

Speaking of obsessions: check out Hedvig's object of obsession< her birthday present from her lovely love!

12 comments:

Pearl Westwood said...

Happy Birthday to Hedvig!!
Nope I havent gotten onto the trendy IT pants either, I don't see the point of spending so much when the high street always has something similar, that said I have only fondled them and not treid any on!

styleeast said...

I like 'sage', that works. Or 'moss'? Sort of picks up on those almost purple-y tones?

I don't know about those J brand trousers, they're worryingly similar to something I used to wear as a student in the late 90s!

Great shots as always, Jill. And thank you for your lovely comment! Week night meet-up very soon I hope, I'm back from Scotland on Wednesday xx

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

I'm not sold on It trousers either, but I am totally with you on Downton Abbey.

Style Odyssey said...

i wear j brand jeans....the fit is fabulous. i like that they're not "designery", no trendy details. funny how the "no trend" jeans have become...a trend. j brand does offer their version of some trends, like distressed skinnies, but over all, their jeans are more classic-looking than most brands.

happy birthday to hedvig! you used a flash for these pics, it appears...i like it, for an interesting change (i suppose you had to, due to time of day). gives the photos a glamorous feel.

as for color...sage.

Clara said...

I do quite like the J Brand houlihans and i've seen copies of them all over the high street but other than that, J Brand isn't really my go-to for a pair of jeans.

adrielleroyale said...

Can I just say that I so want her skin!! lol She has the most gorgeous skin! Happy Birthday Hedvig! You are gorgeous! :)

Unknown said...

ooooh i love her outfit! LOADS! infact i need that skirt in my life! heeeeelllllllllooooooooooo its been a while. hope your ok xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Hedvig! Your whole outfit works! Style and color.
~Linda

AJ said...

Gorgeous! I need that skirt...xoxo

Hedvig said...

Thank you for your birthday wishes and Jill you're too sweet!!!!! xx

Leia said...

So very beautiful! And what a lovely skirt!

Leia

Susan said...

pretty girl- happy bday to H :)
xoxo