9.10.10

geneva



In keeping with my black, white and camel/tan series: I've been meaning for ages to do a post on Geneva, of the relatively new yet fabulous blog called (I love this name) A Pair and a Spare. Besides being clean and focused and well designed, it really is a practical guide to DIY fashion, just like it says on the tin.

Case in point, shown here: when I started asking where she got things she was all 'it's nothing expensive, I DIY'd the shorts..' Hang on: what do you mean? 'Oh, they were from a charity shop, much longer, I just chopped them off, hemmed them..' and she demonstrated her stitches.. just made it seem so effortless.



Geneva was one of the first people I spotted and dotted in the first few minutes of the first day of fashion week. I hadn't seen her before and she's got such a great look, and is really nice. I was surprised later when I saw her blog that she doesn't do more of her own self style on it. She said she will, now that she's getting more positive feedback. I'm hoping to do more shots of her soon.




When I took this shot - and, mind you, this is within literally two minutes of meeting her - I started adjusting the way her shirt was open - the shape of what looks like a black leather bustier underneath didn't seem right. 'Normally they'd buy me a cocktail first', she said, and it took me a moment to realise what she said. Total deadpan delivery. Totally my sense of humour. Instant new friend.

I almost called this post The Geneva UnConvention but that is so lame. Why am I even telling you this?

9 comments:

styleeast said...

Ha, you should have called it that!

I saw this girl today I think, coming out of Absolute Vintage, and knew I recognised her and couldn't think from where. I noticed the shorts, they're great, can't believe they're a DIY job - what a good eye she has x

jazmine rocks @ jazzabelle's diary said...

'normally they'd buy me a cocktail first'. ha, genius response! totally my sense of humour, too. geneva is ever so beautiful, fashionable and lovely. i met her on my second day at lfw, she was so kind! xx

Anonymous said...

beautiful, love the way all is put together with a little tint of soft color! xoxo

sundaygirl said...

Wow love her style. The DIY shorts look really good. Definite effortless style!

the style crusader said...

love it... especially the part about buying her a drink first. she is insanely awesome, i adore her style. everything I saw her wearing at LFW was lovely and all of it had some diy element. lovely lovely. i'm a big fan. xx

slowdownapproaching30 said...

Wow! I love her look...everything looks so unique and polished.

Veshoevius said...

Stunning jacket! Would love to know where she got that from!

Leanns' Vintage said...

wow for her jacket!

Carolyn said...

Love the way all is put together with a little tint of soft color! Stunning jacket!

Homeowner Insurance