8.10.10

new look: shini jump














I stumbled on a shot from Day 2 at LFW - a girl with a white shirt and a wide black skirt* - echoing Christian Dior's 'New Look' in Paris post war - which really was a celebration of the fact that people could finally afford to use more material in their skirts (I feel) - and then I remembered I never showed you the shots I did of Shini just before LFW!

And some that she did of me. All I want to wear these days is crisp black and white and a bit of camel.

* p.s.: Girl With White Shirt and Wide Black Skirt is SARAH of Mocha Soy Whippy! Lovely blog and gorgeous girl.

11 comments:

styleeast said...

I always love your jumping shots! Shini's outfit is fab, I'm envious of the black leather midi. And you're looking very lovely too, it's a great classic look with great shoes :)
x

daisychain said...

your jumping shots are fabulous, Shini's shoes are amazing.

and you = beautiful

The Photodiarist said...

Shini jumps beautifully!

Matthew Spade said...

major leather action!

jazmine rocks @ jazzabelle's diary said...

brilliant shots of shini jumping, i love her leather skirt! the girl at london fashion week, her names sarah, from http://mocha-soy-whippy.blogspot.com/. midi skirts seem to be making a comeback, i'd just love a pleated one! xx

Yuni said...

FAB!

Sarah said...

Hi Jill!
The pic is me! Thanks so much for posting it, that's so nice of you!

Loving the jumpy pics of Shini, she looks amazing!! xxx

SabinePsynopsis said...

I LOVE these jumps! More volume in skirts is quite exciting and I totally get your yearning for white-black-camel - beauty is easy, or easy is beautiful! Will definitely be back for meet-up dates...

C. Anne said...

That second photo of shini is so unbelievable! Mary Poppins like...practically floating.

jill said...

Sarah so glad you got in touch! Will add that to the post asap. (And check out your blog!!)

C: That's because we tied a string to her pony tail and used a pulley to lift her up.

Sabine: yes let's!

Thanks all!! xox

Jord. said...

love the first photo and the skirt she's wearing [:

hope you're keeping well Jill, gotta get back into serious blogging myself now! looks like you were having fun around LFW :D

i managed to get into a few shows myself, still need to blog about them!