6.10.10

someone left the cake out in the rain



Just in from a lovely day out - my first since Saturday - and I think I figured out the moment I caught my cold/flu/bug. It was the day after I photographed my friends in the Goodone clothes, so it was Friday. I thought the clothes were being collected that day and wanted a shoot so Mr. Dot and I kept going in and out of the mews, doing changes of clothes. I was getting really pissed off at him (and visa versa) cause he couldn't get the shots focused. I kept saying 'just put me in the middle of the shot!' and he said 'I AM!' and I was like, 'I don't know what the problem is, it's AUTO FOCUS - it's idiot proof' but it wasn't til later when I looked at the shots: the auto focus was literally focusing on the raindrops.

I was torn between giving you a video of 'raindrops keep falling on my head' but then that song kept going thru my head, it's called MacArthur Park. Embedding is detached but if you click here this version by the late and wonderful Richard Harris is really worth seeing, if for no other reason than I can't figure out for the life of me where this is, or why.

8 comments:

daniela kate morosini said...

jill, you look incredible! such a great dress, and you don't look rain frazzled at all. i remember that song, too :) x

Matthew Spade said...

nice pics, like the wet tiles. bet it was tricky to walk down there is those though

mtg said...

love, love, love that dress on you, Jill! I am glad you are feeling better! i've been thinking about you!

adrielleroyale said...

Awesome shoes :)

Miki said...

Hahaha! Poor Mr Dot!

You look great in that dress! =)

Hug!

StylishForever said...

you look gorgeous in the dress hun :)
http://stylishedforever.blogspot.com/

Carrott said...

You look greaat! I really love that dress xxx

Style Odyssey said...

i can so picture that scene!
love the dress. it looks made just for you.
i like the second photo the best- your expression says it all.
xo