3.10.10

bling



No idea who this is - I met her @ Tom's deli and was blown away by her skills at self promotion: while I was taking this shot she was telling me about the clothing line she's designing and a woman asked her questions and she just moved the conversation on to her and I was gone.

Just one shot and I can't say it's my taste but simply as a composition and a portrait, there's something.. I know what it is: I really admire people who have a strong sense of self-belief. Whatever we achieve in life, it must start with that attitude.

The older I get, the more I realise: we make our happily ever after story, no one hands it to us. I wish her well.

7 comments:

cecylia.com said...

LOVE this post. Your writing and photo- spectacular!

jazmine rocks @ jazzabelle's diary said...

i just love the colours of her outfit - blue, purple and gold, but i dislike those chanel glasses! does anyone else think they are rather tacky?

jazmine. xx

StylishForever said...

gorgeous shot!

Pearl Westwood said...

I love the sunnies they are so fabulously 80's!!

Style Odyssey said...

tacky in a fabulous way. it's an interesting photo compositionally, as well as anthropologically/culturally.

sofiasophie said...

she rocks!

Fabiana said...

She looks fab but the whole outfit is just a copycat of Kanye's former girlfriend Amber Rose (the sunglasses, the glove and even the colours).