9.9.10

chemistry: one night only



George Craig, from One Night Only, sang at the Burberry shop last night for Vogue's Fashion Night Out in London:










I love the way this happy celebration of fashion, of life - any excuse for a party - is travelling round the world. It's struck me that simultaneously the Jewish New Year is coinciding this year with Ramadan (so my Egyptian friend Natayla tells me) and I love the way this idea of Vogue's is travelling round the world, not all on the same night, but night after night. Ana just told me it's in Madrid tonight. Again, I want to stress: these events are open to EVERYONE. Some parties, like the Armani one, or Prada, were invitation only, but surprisingly many are open to the public. So if you have one coming up in your city, don't assume you can't go just cause no one sent you a written invitation.

If you do go: please take photos! Or if you've already gone and have some, please email (compress the jpg first if you can) to jill@haybooks.com. I'll do a little global post and link to your blog if you'd like.

Happy New Year, whatever your faith. Every day is New Year's Day, in a way. Every day is a chance to begin again. In love, in life.

8 comments:

Cecylia said...

Wow such a great night! Love the music man!

Alma said...

A lot of amazing outfits there!!The girl with velvet jacket is amazing!

SabinePsynopsis said...

Oh, I knew you would be the racing reporter at FNO. Great summary and pics!

Style Odyssey said...

how exciting! i can feel the energy in your photos.
re: "Every day is a chance to begin again. In love, in life." uplifting words as always, Jill. xo

styleeast said...

This looks like so much fun. But everyone is SO beautiful! Oh my goodness, I'm scared for fashion week now! Already walking around Soho tonight I wondered why everyone looked like models...probably because they were!
x

FashionableAsians said...

Looked like a great night, can't wait to head to the FNO in NY tomorrow night!! Everyone will look so fab! =)
http://fashionableasians.blogspot.com

jill said...

Okay then I'd better get up another post quick - of 'regular people'. Oh there's so much I want to say on this subject of perfect beauty!!

styleeast: They probably were. It's gonna be like a model convention in town for the next few weeks. It's hilarious, all these giant gazelles running around. Just think, tho: every single one of them was no doubt mocked in school for being too tall and has felt like an outcast at times in their life. And they're as insecure as the rest of us. Well, some of them ; )

Anonymous said...

Jill, I emailed you a little earlier this year as you had photographed a few people I knew; it's happened again! The couple in the first picture - Will and Alison - are friends of mine. Absolutely amazing. I wonder how long it will be before we finally cross paths!

L x