23.9.10

the girl in the paper trousers



Ah! Thank you Kit, for reminding me of who wore the paper boots in the previous post: it's Sandra of a really lovely blog called 5 inch and up. (Trousers are paper, too). I met her quickly with Shini on Day 5 I think? And she told me her name and blog name and Shini looked at me like 'what planet are you from that you don't know Sandra?' (but in a nice way: Shini is very very nice, even at her meanest she can't really do bitchy) and then I didn't write it down and whoosh.. gone.

Sandra said the designer is Martin Margiela, and it's meant to decay, which is an idea I adore, and the ring is Finnish, by Lapponia.

I'm just kicking myself (not literally - that would make typing awkward) for not just stepping a few feet back and getting one shot, or two, of her from top to bottom. You'll just have to piece the concept together in your head.

This post is dedicated to Kit, recent companion of Matthew Zorpas, he of the hay straw jacket.

12 comments:

The Photodiarist said...

Love Margiela . . . but I'd hate to spend $$ on stuff that decayed. Of course you can rely on me to be all practical (and totally NOT romantic) about decaying clothing . . .

Carrott said...

This outfit is so great. But I wonder if those shoes were comfortable to walk on... She's beautiful. I think she reminds me of someone but I don't know who... xxx

Veshoevius said...

Amazing you met her, she has great photos on her blog - stumped as to how a student can afford all the labels she wears though.
Shame I didn't get to meet you over LFW

Love Food said...

What amazing idea, I wonder how long it lasts for. I'm off to check out her blog now.

Lydia xxx

the style crusader said...

haha, i like this. hay jackets and paper pants... we are taking eco friendly to a whole new level. quite like the whole concept of having to piece the images together. really beautiful jill. these photos are great. xx

Kit said...

Waahaa haa you're soooo funny Jill. Those shoes and trousers are insane, I took a polaroid of the shoes I can't wait to post it up.

Yuni said...

hahaha, paper trousers? Unbelievable, that's so GENIUS. haha

Shini said...

I can SOOoo do bitchy.
She's great, isn't she - perfect character to wear MMM.

Style Odyssey said...

so they ARE paper! and after my comment last time, i thought the shoe's design looked like MMM. very intriguing; i'm also into the idea of decay, ie., effects of time on an item/person/etc.

Pearl Westwood said...

What a fabulous concept and quite a beautiful thing. But I wouldn't be able to cope with it, I would cry if my beautiful shoes one day decayed too far and were gone!

jill said...

Also what happens when it rains. I wonder.

daisychain said...

Woah, the concept of the trousers is amazing,
but practical?
I'd like to see them last a British winter!