30.6.11

sequential







There was something about Monday... an incredibly, unusually languid London day. Had planned to meet my friend Erinn at the V&A courtyard, and after a few hours chatting, I took off my shoes to wade & cool off and presumably, write, but instead, I just had the most extraordinary time, photographing. I can't explain: it was like everything was a photographic image. Cinematic.. filmic. This is just one series. I love what was going on in the background, compositionally. And the geometry of this girl's dress, and hair.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think natural photography is beautiful - it shows people and their emotions as they truly are. It's able to capture the moment too. These photos are a kind of timeline - and I agree with you Jill, it's as much about what's going on in the background as well as the foreground xx

Toyin Lola said...

Love it

thefashionhoarder.blogspot.com

The Foolish Aesthete said...

I'm really loving these too, particularly the 2nd one. The composition, the style, the water ...! Terrific captures!

Fashion Limbo said...

love this :)

style odyssey said...

Jill, this is absolutely beautiful...the photo, the writing. I love it. xo
P.S. I want her dress!!

Lizzy said...

Like screen stills from some dreamy art house movie. There could be such an unusual story going on here, underneath the serenity of the scene. Really gorgeous pictures Jill - you have an amazing eye for an interesting moment.

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I shall probably have some sandals stashed away in my bag in case of sunshine! x

jill said...

ha, only in england: 'in case of sunshine' - lovely blog, lizzy - check it out people! http://scientistchic.wordpress.com

odyssey, pret, limbo.. you're all so lovely, alexandra therese.. just cannot get over what a wonderful community this is

i have SO many shots from this day i want to post - i could keep this series going all summer! truly.

xoxo

Veshoevius said...

These are great!